Ontology is a blockchain infrastructure project that provides multiple high-performance, flexible blockchain frameworks and a distributed trust collaboration platform.
Some of Ontology's early modules and protocols include:
- ONT ID - A complete distributed identity framework supporting identity verification and authentication for people, assets, objects, and affairs.
- ONT DATA - Framework that supports data cooperation and exchange of different things, data resource management, smart contract transactions, etc.
- ONT SCORES - provides support for various businesses, to develop different credit evaluation logic according to distributed credible data.
Common applications supported by the Ontology infrastructure include:
- ONTO - a comprehensive decentralized client product that gives users self-sovereignty of their digital identities, digital assets, etc.
- ONT Trust search engine (ONT TSE) - provides portal, authentication, and connecting services for individuals, assets, objects, affairs.
- ONT DDXF - Distributed data exchange framework allows to customize data trading marketplaces with ensured data and financial security.
VBFT can be used for public and private blockchain applications. It has low resource consumption, like proof-of-stake systems, and can process approximately 3000 transactions per second.
A $700 Million Cryptocurrency Called Ontology Is About to Go Live - CoinDesk
Ontology Launches VBFT, a Next-Generation Consensus Mechanism, Becoming one of the First VRF-Based...
The Ontology Team
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- CryptocurrencyA cryptocurrency (or crypto currency) is a digital asset designed to work as a medium of exchange using cryptography to secure the transactions and to control the creation of additional units of the currency. Cryptocurrencies are a subset of alternative currencies, or specifically of digital currencies.
- NEO (cryptocurrency)Neo formerly known as Antshares, is Chinas first open source blockchain.
- EthereumEthereum is an open-source, public, distributed blockchain computing platform featuring smart contract (scripting) functionality, which facilitates online contractual agreements.
- VeChainVeChain is privately held company developing a blockchain platform with the a focus on verification of the supply chain of products like luxury goods. The VeChain team is headquartered in Shanghai and was founded by Sunny Lu in 2015.
- Blockchain interoperabilityBlockchain interoperability is the ability for different blockchain platforms to communicate and transaction with one another.
- Show More