Oaken is an internet of things (IoT) hardware and blockchain software platform developed by Oaken Innovations. Oken was built to power smart cities and is headquartered in Dallas, Texas and was founded by Hudson Jameson, James Johnson, John Gerryts, and Laney Fisher. The Oaken platform provides blockchain solutions and services for device identity, device ownership, device lease agreements, device insurance, and device taxes. The Oaken platform is currently offering users inbound payments for car sharing and lease agreements, vehicle identity and vehicle history information, and outbound payment services for toll roads.
Oken is built to be a secure, autonomous, blockchain-based machine to machine IoT platform that provides the underlying infrastructure needed to power smart cities through integration with existing systems and processes. The Oaken blockchain is made for device identification, device ownership tracking, lease agreements, insurance, and tax. Companies and organizations collaborating with Oaken include: Toyota Research Institute, Texas Department of Transportation, U.S Department of Transportation, Texas A&M University, the University of Texas, and Blockchain at Berkeley.
Co-Founder & COO
Co-Founder & CMO
Co-Founder & CEO
Co-Founder & Chief Creative Officer
Oaken Company Overview
The intersection of blockchain and IoT is all about trust - IoT Agenda
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- Cluster: Blockchain and cryptocurrencyA cluster of topics related to blockchain and cryptocurrency.
- Internet of things (IoT)Proposed internet-like structure connecting everyday physical objects
- CompanyA company, abbreviated 'co.', is a legal entity made up of an association of people, be they natural, legal, or a mixture of both, for carrying on a commercial or industrial enterprise.
- CryptocurrencyA cryptocurrency (or crypto currency) is a digital asset designed to work as a medium of exchange using cryptography to secure the transactions and to control the creation of additional units of the currency. Cryptocurrencies are a subset of alternative currencies, or specifically of digital currencies.
- BlockchainA blockchain is an append-only digital ledger storing a set of time-ordered transactions grouped in blocks that are linked together using cryptographic hashes.