Numerai is a hedge fund built by data scientists. Its trades are governed by artificial intelligence created by an open community of data scientists. Richard Craib founded Numerai in October 2015 in San Francisco, California.
The platform transforms and regularizes financial data into machine learning problems for the network of data scientists to synthesize. Based on their contributions, data scientists are ranked and rewarded with Numeraire, cryptographic tokens.
An AI hedge fund created a new currency to make wall street work like open source
Numeraire, The Cryptocurrency Powering The World Hedge Fund
Numeraire: A Cryptographic Token for Coordinating Machine Intelligence and Preventing Overfitting
Richard Craib, Geoffrey Bradway, Xander Dunnwith Joey Krug
What is Numeraire (NMR)? Future of Numeraire Cryptocurrency and know how to buy Numeraire
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
#191 Richard Craib: Numerai - A Revolutionary Hedge Fund Built on Blockchain and AI
July 11, 2017
Building The Meta Model on Numerai
January 27, 2017
Token Summit II - Numerai with Richard Craib
December 28, 2017
What is Numeraire
June 25, 2017
- Cluster: Blockchain & cryptocurrencyA cluster of topics related to blockchain and cryptocurrency.
- CryptocurrencyA cryptocurrency (or crypto currency) is a digital asset designed to work as a medium of exchange using cryptography to secure the transactions and to control the creation of additional units of the currency. Cryptocurrencies are a subset of alternative currencies, or specifically of digital currencies.
- Cryptocurrency hedge fundCryptocurrency hedge funds manage investments into cryptocurrencies and digital assets.
- BlockchainA blockchain is an append-only digital ledger storing a set of time-ordered transactions grouped in blocks that are linked together using cryptographic hashes.
- Artificial intelligence (AI)Artificial intelligence (AI) is intelligence exhibited by machines.
- Machine learningA field of computer science enabling computers to learn.
- Richard CraibFounder of Numerai
- Union Square VenturesUnion Square Ventures is a venture capital firm in New York City which has backed companies such as Twitter, Foursquare and Zynga.