Nuclera is a DNA synthesis company working on the synthesis of long DNA strands. Nuclera's water-based DNA synthesis and automation platform is based on engineered terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferases (TdT) to enable the production of gene and genome libraries. Their TdT enzymes incorporate reversibly terminating nucleotide triphosphates of the four nucleobases. Nuclera aims to provide long-length (longer than 500 nucleotides) variant DNA and genome libraries for protein, biological pathway, and genome-scale engineering.
The use of specific terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase (TdT) enzymes in a method of nucleic acid synthesis, to methods of synthesizing nucleic acids, and to the use of kits comprising said enzymes in a method of nucleic acid synthesis.
A process for the preparation of nucleic acid by means of 3'-o-azidomethyl nucleotide triphosphate
Azidomethyl ether deprotection method
The use of a DNA polymerise theta (PolQ) enzyme in a method of template-independent nucleic acid synthesis.
Co-founder and CSO
Co-founder and CCO
Co-founder and CTO
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- Synthetic biologyInterdisciplinary branch of biology and engineering, applying multiple disciplines to build artificial biological systems for research, engineering, and medical applications.
- CompanyA company, abbreviated 'co.', is a legal entity made up of an association of people, be they natural, legal, or a mixture of both, for carrying on a commercial or industrial enterprise.
- DNA sequencingThe process of determining the precise order of nucleotides within a DNA molecule.
- Innovate UKThe uk's innovation agency
- SynbiCITESynbiCITE is the Innovation and Knowledge Centre (IKC) for Synthetic Biology, an accelerator of synthetic and engineering biology commercialisation in the UK.
- Cambridge Science Park