Nick Szabo is an American computer scientist and legal scholar famous for his work in cryptography, digital contracts, cryptocurrencies, and inventing the concept of smart contracts. He attended the University of Washington, and graduated with a computer science degree. He would later go on to hold an honorary professorship at the Universidad Francisco Marroquin.
Nick Szabo created the predecessor to Bitcoin with similar advanced math and cryptography algorithms to Bitcoin called bit gold. Some people believe that Nick Szabo played a crucial role in the development of Bitcoin, even going so far as to claim that he is Satoshi Nakamoto the creator of Bitcoin, although Szabo denies that he is Satoshi.
Crypto Profiles: Nick Szabo, The Quiet Cryptocurrency Pioneer
Is There Any Doubt This Man Created Bitcoin?
Jeff John Roberts
Smart Contract Pioneer Nick Szabo: Don't Ditch Decentralization - CoinDesk
The Genesis Files: With Bit Gold, Szabo Was Inches Away From Inventing Bitcoin
Aaron van Wirdum
Who Is Nick Szabo, and Is He Satoshi Nakamoto?
Who is Nick Szabo, The Mysterious Blockchain Titan - unblock.net
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
All-Star Panel: Ed Moy, Joseph VaughnPerling, Trace Mayer, Nick Szabo, Dr. Craig Wright
November 12, 2015
Nick Szabo - History of the Blockchain
November 14, 2015
Nick Szabo - Keynote - Smart Contracts Symposium
December 12, 2016
Nick Szabo Interview | The Tim Ferriss Show (Podcast)
August 11, 2017
- PeoplePlurality of persons considered as a whole
- Computer scienceComputer science is the study of the theoretical foundations of information and computation as well as the practical concerns for designing and building computers.
- Cluster: Blockchain & cryptocurrencyA cluster of topics related to blockchain and cryptocurrency.
- CryptocurrencyA cryptocurrency (or crypto currency) is a digital asset designed to work as a medium of exchange using cryptography to secure the transactions and to control the creation of additional units of the currency. Cryptocurrencies are a subset of alternative currencies, or specifically of digital currencies.
- Smart contract (blockchain)A smart contract (self-executing contract, blockchain contract) is an agreement between parties that is enforced by a program encoded onto a blockchain which executes code exactly as originally written.
- Satoshi NakamotoPseudonym for the person or group who designed and developed bitcoin