New Crop Capital is a venture capital firm specializing in investing in companies producing products or services set to replace conventional animal agriculture — particularly the practice of factory farming. New Crop Capital is based in Washington, D.C. and was founded by Bruce Friedrich, Chris Kerr, and Nick Cooney in 2015. The company primarily provides angel, seed, and series A funding ranging from $50,000 to $1M. Their areas of interest include food technology, cellular agriculture, distribution systems, and plant-based consumer goods that help replace animal products with products that are plant based or made using cellular agriculture. Notable companies New Crop Capital has invested in include: Aleph Farms, Memphis Meats, Beyond Meat, Geltor, Mosa Meat, and SuperMeat.
New Crop Capital fund I
On March 17, New Crop Capital announced their first venture capital fund closing with $25 million in capital.
Dao Foods International
Chief Investment Officer
Dan Altschuler Malek
Sr. Venture Partner
Food's future: New VC firm and nonprofit among investors in natural, organic startups
Futuristic food made in labs named Memphis Meats
Thomas Bailey Jr.
Meet the New Meat
More plant-based products are needed to fuel a “market-revolution” away from animals, expert says
New Crop Capital Closes $25m Fund, Invests in Beyond Meat
Sizzling Steaks May Soon Be Lab-Grown
The Next Agricultural Revolution - New Crop Capital - Medium
New Crop Capital
Venture capital fund seeks start-ups: Must be sustainable, innovative & ready to make money
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- Investment fundInvestments funds are a collective pools of capital from multiple investors used to purchase securities and other assets.
- CompanyIf you’re one of those buddies, having a lifelong passion for food and creativity, then a career witthin the culinary arts is certainly for you!! A Culinary arts career allows you to enjoy peerless travel opportunities and endless job opportunities. ICCA Dubai may be a perfect place to explore your passion for food with none boundaries.
- Cluster: Cell-based and plant-based meatA cluster of topics related to cultured meat, plant-based meat, and cellular agriculture.
- Venture capitalA form of financing or funding for emerging companies. Investment on early-stage companies in exchange for equity in the companies they invest in.
- The Good Food InstituteAn organization promoting clean meat, plant-based meat, and clean eggs and dairy as alternatives to traditional animal-based products.
- Clean meatClean meat is a term coined by The Good Food Institute representing meat products made using cellular agriculture and tissue engineering techniques. Other terms for clean meat include: cultured meat, in-vitro meat, and synthetic meat.
- Cultured meatCultured meats are animal flesh products made from extracted animal cells that are grown in bioreactors and harvested for consumption. Cells are taken from animals such as a chickens, cows, or tuna, and grown using scaffolding and/or self-organizing constructs in bioreactors.
- Plant-based meatPlant-based meat products are made to mimic properties found within natural meats and are considered to be meat substitutes. They are made using plant and other non-animal products to look, taste, and feel like meat products. Examples include: seitan, falafel, tempeh, Tofurky, Beyond Meat burgers, and Mock duck.