Nebula Genomics is a genetics company developing a platform for individuals to get their personal genome sequenced, and then enable them to store and control that information through cryptographic encryption on the blockchain. The company plans to provide individuals with a service to get their whole genome sequenced. It was founded by a group of individuals from Harvard including renowned geneticist George Church, Dennis Grishin, and Kamal Obbad.
In contrast to proprietary sequencing companies who own your genetic data after sequencing, Nebula is designed to let individuals retain control over their private sequence data while allowing them to earn money by sharing the right to temporarily borrow and analyze the data.
Nebula is designed for data storage and access control will be implemented using Blockstack. The Blockstack system will allow users to regulate the access to data. Individual genome data will be stored in hash arrays in systems like IPFS.
Nebula tokens are the currency used on the nebula network. Nebula tokens can be used to as payment to order genome sequencing for an individual. They are also the currency data buyers will use in order to purchase access to the genomic and phenotypic data available from individuals whose genomes are stored with
Currently, no events have been added to this timeline yet.
Be the first one to add some.
This new company wants to sequence your genome and let you share it on a blockchain
With startup, George Church bets cryptocurrency will boost genome sequencing
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
No infobox has been created on this topic. Be the first to add one.
- CryptocurrencyA cryptocurrency (or crypto currency) is a digital asset designed to work as a medium of exchange using cryptography to secure the transactions and to control the creation of additional units of the currency. Cryptocurrencies are a subset of alternative currencies, or specifically of digital currencies.
- GenomicsDiscipline in genetics
- 23andMeBiotechnology company
- EncrypGenEncrypGen is a blockchain project designed to allow individuals to place their genetic code on the blockchain privately and securely and manage the ability to sell it to researchers.
- LunaDNALuna DNA is company providing a marketplace for genetic data using blockchain based data storage.
- Show More