MetaboliQs is a European collaboration between research institutes and companies to leverage room-temperature diamond quantum dynamics to enable safe multimodal cardiac imaging to improve the diagnosis of Cardiovascular Diseases.
MetaboliQs is a 3-year project, part of the Quantum Flagship intiative. Launched in October 2018 the project received €6,667,801.25 in funding.
Project goals :
- Develop nanodiamonds with nitrogen vacancy centers for hyperpolarization
- Develop a diamond based polarizer that can operate at room temperature for preclinical experiments in the field of cardiovascular diseases.
These goals aim for the use of hyperpolarized Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) at room temperatue using long-time-stable hyperpolarized marker molecules, allowing for:
- Clinical care of very high volumes of patients
- Drug discovery improvements
- Access to affordable healthcare
- Synergetic collaboration with the medical imaging and quantum sensing European infrastructure
MetaboliQs brings together a multidisciplinary consortium:
- NVision Imaging Technologies GmbH (NVIS), Ulm, Germany
- Fraunhofer IAF, Freiburg, Germany
- Bruker BioSpin GmbH (BBS), Karlsruhe, Germany
- Element Six Limited (E6), Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
- Hebrew University of Jerusalem (HUJI), Israel
- Technical University of Munich (TUM), Germany
- Swiss Federal Institue of Technology (ETH), Zurich, Switzerland
MetaboliQs receives €6,667,801.25 in funding for the 3-year project.
Dr Christoph Nebel
MetaboliQs project targets breakthrough in cardiac metabolic MRI - Physics World
November 14, 2018
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
Bruker BioSpin GmbH (BBS)
Element Six Limited (E6)
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
NVision Imaging Technologies GmbH