The Meme Factory is an online decentralized marketplace for the creation and trade of digital assets that was founded in 2017 by Joe Urgo, Matus Lestan, and Alexander Khoriaty. The Meme Factory is part of the district0x network that is built on the Ethereum blockchain.
Meme factory allows users to create their own tokenized memes and sell them. The tokenizing and posting of memes to Meme Factory resembles the creation and posting of posts on Reddit. When a meme is tokenized it is minted through a process similar to upvoting. The number of existing tokens for a particular meme at any time act as the ranking mechanism, and represent the number of 'upvotes' a meme has received on the platform. Meme Factory uses a curation market model that utilizes a scaling pricing curve to determine the cost of minting and redemption rates of memes on their platform.
Introducing District Staking: Launching Meme Factory to and through the Aragon Network
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- district0xA network of decentralized marketplaces and communities built on the d0xINFRA framework.
- EthereumEthereum is an open-source, public, distributed blockchain computing platform featuring smart contract (scripting) functionality, which facilitates online contractual agreements.
- Decentralized marketplaceA decentralized marketplace is a marketplace that allows for peer-to-peer transactions that are not governed by a central authority.
- Token curation marketToken curation markets are based around group cooperation, allowing groups to work together creating content with the intent of accomplishing a shared goal that has an associated token of value.
- Aragon (cryptocurrency)Aragon is a decentralized application for establishing companies with decentralized governance based on the ethereum blockchain