A masternode is a special type of node in a peer-to-peer network which guarantees a minimum level of performance and functionality to perform certain tasks in exchange for a financial incentive. A master node is a full cryptocurrency node or cryptocurrency wallet that contains a full copy of a blockchain and acts similar to a server on a decentralized network.
Masternodes are useful for performing special functions and have special features that are made possible through containing a full copy of the blockchain, these include: increasing transaction privacy, performing instant transactions, governance and voting participation, and enabling a budgeting and treasury system on the blockchain.
Cryptocurrencies using masternodes
What are Masternodes? Complete Beginner's Guide
William M. Peaster
What Is A Masternode And How Is It Useful For Cryptocoin Investors
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
Masternodes Explained For Dummies! "Passive Income" or Waste of Time?
August 7, 2018
What is a Masternode and How to Profit Off it? [$Dash/$Pivx/$Excl]
June 21, 2017
What is a Masternode?
December 4, 2017
- BlockchainA blockchain is an append-only digital ledger storing a set of time-ordered transactions grouped in blocks that are linked together using cryptographic hashes.
- CryptocurrencyA cryptocurrency (or crypto currency) is a digital asset designed to work as a medium of exchange using cryptography to secure the transactions and to control the creation of additional units of the currency. Cryptocurrencies are a subset of alternative currencies, or specifically of digital currencies.
- Cluster: Blockchain & cryptocurrencyA cluster of topics related to blockchain and cryptocurrency.
- PIVXPIVX is a cryptocurrency utilizing masternodes and focusing on privacy.
- NEMNEM is a peer-to-peer cryptocurrency platform written in Java.
- Stratis (cryptocurrency)Stratis is a blockchain-based platform written in C# and .NET programming languages.
- Pura (cryptocurrency)Pura is a cryptocurrency with private transactions and incentivized masternodes.
- Waves PlatformWaves is a digital currency platform that lets users create their own cryptocurrencies.
- Show More