Lakran is an open-source, 100% community-sponsored cryptocurrency project. It is based on the CryptoNote protocol and uses the CryptoNight-Lite algorithm, and features anonymity, data protection , and untraceable payments using ring signatures . Lakran also offers unlinkable transactions with random data by the sender, making it blockchain analysis resistant .
Lakran is also ASIC-resistant, meaning that it can only be mined by CPUs and GPUs.
Blockchain algorithm: POW
PoW algorithm: CryptoNight-Lite
Max supply: ~18.4 million
Block reward: Smoothly varying using the formula (M−A) / (218) / (1012) where M = 264 −1 and A = supply mined to date.
Block time: 120 seconds
Difficulty: Retargets at every block
Lakran prunes to allow the blockchain to stay small and not outgrow devices with limited storage. This also improves anonymity by reducing age-based attacks.
Lakran uses a 4-minute blocktime. Coupled with a lighter PoW, sync times on lower end devices can be improved.
Lakran has the option for traceable transfers, similarly to Zcash. These are a faster lower-fee option for non-sensitive payments, like transferring to/from exchanges.
Lakran readjusts the difficulty with every block to react to hashrate changes. In addition, Lakran's emission curve is smooth which prevents mining reward drops.
The CryptoNight-Lite algorithm uses half as much memory and fewer hash rounds than CryptoNight, making it more efficient.
The number of blocks in the blockchain chain, the complexity of mining, the maximum number of coins issued depend on the needs of the system and its users. These variables are automatically regulated by specially created algorithms, not developers.
In a system protected by CryptoNote algorithms, each transaction is accompanied by a unique key. And it's impossible to use the same key twice. This protects against dishonest users or random system errors. The identity of the user who wanted to spend "double waste" is not disclosed, but the transfer is canceled.
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- CryptocurrencyA cryptocurrency (or crypto currency) is a digital asset designed to work as a medium of exchange using cryptography to secure the transactions and to control the creation of additional units of the currency. Cryptocurrencies are a subset of alternative currencies, or specifically of digital currencies.
- Cluster: Blockchain and cryptocurrencyA cluster of topics related to blockchain and cryptocurrency.
- Initial Coin Offering (ICO)An initial coin offering (ICO) is a means of crowdfunding the release of a new cryptocurrency.
- Quantum CryptoCryptocurrency hedge fund
- BlockchainA blockchain is an append-only digital ledger storing a set of time-ordered transactions grouped in blocks that are linked together using cryptographic hashes.
- ZcashZcash is a cryptocurrency utilizing zero-knowledge proof cryptography to protect the privacy of transactions.
- Monero (cryptocurrency)An open-source cryptocurrency focused on privacy of transactions with CryptoNote technology using ring signatures.
- Komodo (cryptocurrency)Komodo is cryptocurrency with private transactions utilizing delayed proof of work consensus
- Privacy cryptocurrencyA specialized form of cryptocurrencies focused on maintaining the privacy and anonymity of individuals transaction with them.