In 1919, he joined the revolutionary circle of Bodo, whose unification in 1920 with a similar circle of Sukhbaatar marked the beginning of the Mongolian People's Revolutionary Party.
Since the 1920s, he held senior positions in the revolutionary movement.
Awards and titles
- Hero of the Mongolian People's Republic (twice)
- Order of Sukhbaatar (four times)
- Order of the Red Banner (five times)
- Order of the Red Banner of Labour
- Order of the Polar Star
- Medal "For Victory over Japan"
- Medal for Victory over Japan ("We won")
- Medal "25 Years of the People's Revolution"
- Orders of Lenin (twice)
- Order of Suvorov, 1st degree
- Orders of the Red Banner (twice)
- Jubilee Medal "XX Years of the Workers' and Peasants' Red Army"
- Medal "For the Victory over Germany in the Great Patriotic War 1941–1945"
- Medal "For the Victory over Japan"
- Jubilee Medal "30 Years of the Soviet Army and Navy"
- Honorary Weapon
- Honored Worker of the NKVD of the USSR