Golden Recursion Inc. logoGolden Recursion Inc. logo
Advanced Search
KEDROVOE

KEDROVOE

This settlement was founded in the difficult 1940s. At first it was called Isetka. Residents were engaged in peat extraction on extensive peat fields. In this article we will get acquainted with the village of Kedrov and with the history Isetsko-Ayatsky peat enterprise.

Since 1937, geologists have been investigating two large peat deposits — Cedar and Olkhovsky, 40 km north of Sverdlovsk. By order of the manager of the State Trust "Torfstroy" dated 02.12.1941, the Iset-Ayat office was established, one of several in the Sverdlovsk region. It was located in the village of Mostovsky. Isetka (the original name of the settlement) was partially built by German prisoners of war, who also laid the Cedar-Red narrow-gauge railway (transshipment point) to supply peat to the Uralmash plant, especially during the Great Patriotic War. The main method of peat extraction was elevator with the use of manual labor. The work shifts were 12-hour. In the post-war period, a maternity hospital, two kindergartens, a seven-year school, and a metal shop functioned in the village.

Timeline

1937
By order of the manager of the State Trust "Torfstroy" dated 02.12.1941, the Iset-Ayat office was established, one of several in the Sverdlovsk region

Further reading

Title
Author
Link
Type
Date

Documentaries, videos and podcasts

Title
Date
Link
Golden logo
By using this site, you agree to our Terms & Conditions.