Iris Automation is a Y-Combinator startup company building artificial intelligence based collision avoidance system for industrial drones and other autonomous flying machines.
The company uses industrial cameras, deep learning and computer vision on the drone to observe and interpret the world for full situational awareness of the operational environment. Detecting moving aircraft is the first step in developing a safe and robust collision avoidance system. Its technology processes information about intruder aircraft rapidly and its proprietary algorithms make intelligent decisions in real-time. The built system determines the safest course of action to avoid accidents based on location, heading, speed and other factors.
Autonomous drone delivery services are now used in commercial cases such as transport of medical supplies, surveying of industrial sites among others.
Iris automation raises a $8,000,000 series A round from Bee Partners and Bessemer Venture Partners.
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- Cluster: Artificial intelligenceA cluster of topics related to artificial intelligence.
- Artificial intelligence (AI)Artificial intelligence (AI) is intelligence exhibited by machines.
- Deep learningBranch of machine learning based on learning data representations.
- Computer VisionComputing field for recognizing information from images and videos
- CompanyA company, abbreviated 'co.', is a legal entity made up of an association of people, be they natural, legal, or a mixture of both, for carrying on a commercial or industrial enterprise.