ICU is a Kyiv-based financial group that includes three business areas: trading, investment banking and asset management. The group is owned by its top management. ICU's managing directors are Makar Pasenyuk and Konstantin Stetsenko. During 2007–2014 the group's chairwoman was Valeriya Hontareva, who left its position to serve as a head of the National Bank of Ukraine. In 2013 bank Avangard also joined ICU Group.
According to actual information of the bank, the former minister for energy and coal industry of Ukraine, V. Demchychin, holds approximately 10% of the ICU holding.
Money on a $10 million project gave the British Hedge Fund Autonomy Capital Research LLP.
The ICU HOLDINGS LIMITED includes such companies:
- LLC "Assets Management Company "Investment Capital Ukraine"" (Ukraine)
- Investment Capital Ukraine LLC (Ukraine)
- Westal Holdings Ltd (Cyprus)
- PJSC "Bank Avangard" (Ukraine)
- ZNPF "Investment Capital - Bond Fund"
- ZNPF "Investment Capital - Action Fund"
- PIF "Investment Capital Balanced"
- Open Pension Fund "Dynasty"
- Investment Company "Ludvinovka 31"
Group specializes in debt and equity origination, buy-side and sell-side M&A advisory, financial consulting, debt restructuring. As of 2015 ICU has completed the transaction for the restructuring of public and private debt totaling more than US$5.0 billion. ICU has been named as a leading agent for restructuring in 2009-2010 and Ukraine's best investment bank in 2015 by Cbonds financial news agency.
Company is engaged in trading shares and fixed income. ICU was the first Ukrainian entity to become a leading member of International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA) in September, 2013. Group has a central position on the local stock exchange market. It conduct operations at the Ukraine's main trading facilities – Perspektyva Stock Exchange, PFTS Stock Exchange and Ukrainian Exchange. ICU is a member of a self-regulating organization (SRO) – Association "Ukrainian stock traders". ICU was chosen to be an official IPO partner of the Warsaw Stock Exchange since 2007.
- ICU is a leading Ukrainian asset manager with domestic and international operations. Group provides its services to private and institutional investors, both residents and non-residents. As of July 2015 ICU manages investments of over US$250 million. Key Funds:
- Investment Capital Bond Fund – Ukrainian public funds that invest in fixed income instruments;
- CIS Opportunities Fund – foreign fund that invests in the securities markets of the CIS;
- Global Strategy Fund – foreign fund with the focus on global markets.
Investment Capital Bond Fund is known for its high yield. According to the Investfunds rankings, it has shown 308% growth over the September 2011 - June 2015 period, beating the UX index by 348%.