IndieBio is a biotechnology and life science startup accelerator located in San Francisco, California and was founded in 2014. Their accelerator program is based in San Francisco, CA, and runs twice a year, with 15 companies in each batch. IndieBio is part of the SOSV accelerator family and provides participating startups with lab space, $250,000 in funding, and a 4-month incubation program for scientists and entrepreneurs to grow their biotechnology business.
On July 25, 2018, IndiebBio announced their seventh class of founders and companies.
Mentors of IndieBio
Felman Family Office
Institute of Computational Health Sciences, University of California San Francisco
DLA Piper LLP
OS Fund, Kernal
Female Algorithm Technologies, Leap Motion
Seven Bridges Genomics
Director of Rehabilitation Innovation, Mt Sinai Health System | Assistant professor of Rehabilitation Medicine, Ichan School of Medicine
Currently, no events have been added to this timeline yet.
Be the first one to add some.
Program director and partner
Managing director and founder
Scientific director and partner
Tour the San Francisco lab that's growing meat in a petri dish
A Silicon Valley biotech hub that offers startups $250,000 in funding explains the 'secret sauce' to success
IndieBio and Quartzy
Quartzy partners with IndieBio to connect promising biotech startups with the lab supplies they need to drive scientific progress
Scientist.com and IndieBio
Scientist.com and IndieBio Create Next Generation Innovation Marketplace to Accelerate Early Stage Biotech Research
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
42 Questions with IndieBio - Can your company affect a billion people?
September 13, 2017
Arvind Gupta - IndieBio - Helping Scientists Use Biology and Technology to Solve Global Problems - Future Tech Podcast
June 25, 2018
Genetic Engineering at IndieBio
May 8, 2018
Indiebio - Jun Axup, Director Of Science - World's Largest Seed Bio-Technology Accelerator - Future Tech Podcast
January 9, 2018
IndieBio: Build the future of Biotech
January 3, 2017
NewCo Spotlight: IndieBio Is Turning Scientists Into Entrepreneurs
April 14, 2016
Matches patients with cancer treatments
- Startup acceleratorSupport startups with funding, mentoring, training and events for a definite period (usually three months), in exchange for equity.
- Venture CapitalA form of financing or funding for emerging companies. Investment on early-stage companies in exchange for equity in the companies they invest in.
- Cluster: Synthetic biologyA cluster of topics related to synthetic biology.
- Cluster: Plant-based and clean meatA cluster of topics related to cultured meat, plant-based meat, clean meat and cellular agriculture.
- StartupA startup company is an entrepreneurial venture in the initial stage of its operations. Startups are typically young businesses aiming to grow quickly and meet a marketplace need by developing or offering an innovative product, process or service.
- RebelBioRebelBio is a startup accelerator backed by SOSV supporting companies creating based products and services based on life science technologies.
- SOSVSOSV (formerly SOS Ventures) is a venture capital firm founded in 1995 by Sean O'Sullivan that provides growth, seed, and venture capital funding to startups. SOSV runs six seed accelerator programs: HAX Accelerator, Chinaccelerator, MOX, IndieBio, RebelBio, and Food-X.