The Hottinger brand was established in 1786 when Baron Jean-Conrad Hottinguer established Banque Rougemont Hottinguer & Cie in Paris. Baron Henri Hottinger (1934–2015) launched Hottinger & Company in London in 1981. Henri acted as Chairman of the Board until 2012, when Hottinger Banking Group was divided into two separate and independently capitalised entities. The first, Groupe Financière Hottinger, focused on international onshore wealth management and the other was structured to concentrate on banking in Switzerland.
The Swiss bank Hottinger went into liquidation in 2015. The London headquartered investment management company, Groupe Financière Hottinger, however, continued to focus on the growth of its UK and overseas operations.
Following the death of Baron Henri in 2015, the family decided to sell a majority stake in their London-based business to Archimedes Private Office. The new owners chose to retain the Hottinger name for the Group. The UK Financial Conduct Authority approved the merger of Hottinger and Archimedes on 26 July 2016, forming the basis for the Hottinger Group as it continues today.
Entities forming the Hottinger Group
Hottinger Group is comprised of seven primary entities. It's headquarters are in London.
- The Hottinger Investment Management Limited was established in 1981.
- Hottinger Private Office Limited, established in 2009.
- Hottinger Capital Partners Limited, established in 2015 and located in Dublin, Ireland.
- Hottinger Family Office Limited Company, established in 2011 and located in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Archimedes Private Office (Suisse) SARL, established in 2012 and located in New York, NY.
- Hottinger U.S. Groupe Banque Hottinger & Cie Limited, established in 1981.
- Hottinger Capital Corp Groupe Banque Hottinger & Cie Limited, established in 1987.
Hottinger Group’s business activities are organised into six divisions offering the following services:
- Family Office
- Wealth Advisory
- Corporate Advisory
- Investment Management
- Real Estate Services
- Art Consultancy