Hivemind, formerly Truthcoin, is a blockchain-based platform that allows users to engage in prediction markets, or markets for event derivatives, using their Bitcoin. Hivemind uses a peer-to-peer decentralized oracle protocol designed by Paul Sztorc as a sidechain to Bitcoin that allows the governance of multi-factor decisions making of groups within prediction markets. Hivemind address the problems of information aggregation by integrating advantages of blockchain technology such as transparency, robustness, censorship resistance, and monetary effects.
Hivemind is A Prediction Market For Bitcoin Users
Truthcoin: Peer-to-Peer Oracle System and Prediction Marketplace
What is Bitcoin Hivemind? Complete Beginner's Guide
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
TabConf 2018 - Paul Sztorc - Bitcoin Hivemind
February 6, 2018
- BlockchainA blockchain is an append-only digital ledger storing a set of time-ordered transactions grouped in blocks that are linked together using cryptographic hashes.
- CryptocurrencyA cryptocurrency (or crypto currency) is a digital asset designed to work as a medium of exchange using cryptography to secure the transactions and to control the creation of additional units of the currency. Cryptocurrencies are a subset of alternative currencies, or specifically of digital currencies.
- Augur (cryptocurrency)A decentralized Oracle prediction market platform built on the Ethereum blockchain.
- Gnosis (prediction market)Gnosis is a decentralized prediction market platform that operates on the Ethereum blockchain.
- BitcoinBitcoin is a cryptocurrency and a digital payment system invented by an unknown programmer, or a group of programmers, under the name Satoshi Nakamoto. It was released as open-source software in 2009.