Higher Steaks is a London-based cellular agriculture startup founded in December 2017 that is using cell culture techniques to develop pork and other cell-based meat products. It was founded by chemical engineer Benjamina Bollag, stem cell biologist Stephanie Wallis, and stem cell biologist Prof David Hay. According to the company website, development of cell-based pork is more sustainable, less cruel, uses zero antibiotics, and can reduce the transmission of food-borne illnesses compared to traditional pork.
Non Equity Assistance
On February 7, 2019 Higher Steaks received €15,000 in non equity assistance from The Pearse Lyons Accelerator.
HigherSteaks was founded by Benjamina Bollag, Stephanie Wallis and Prof David Hay.
100 Women Founders In Europe To Follow On Twitter And LinkedIn
Antibiotic-free claims, followed by animal welfare, are the top consumer drivers for cell-based meat, says Mattson
Higher Steaks is Developing Cultured Pork for the Masses
Meat Doesn't Grow on Trees--But Maybe It Could - NEO.LIFE - Medium
Meat grown from cells: companies clamour to put it on your plate
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- Cluster: Cell-based and plant-based meatA cluster of topics related to cultured meat, plant-based meat, and cellular agriculture.
- Cellular agricultureCellular agriculture is an interdisciplinary scientific field drawing from several disciplines such as synthetic biology, genetic engineering, molecular biology, tissue engineering, biochemistry, and food science to design organisms capable of producing a wide variety of agricultural products.
- CompanyA company, abbreviated 'co.', is a legal entity made up of an association of people, be they natural, legal, or a mixture of both, for carrying on a commercial or industrial enterprise.
- Cultured meatCultured meats are animal flesh products made from extracted animal cells that are grown in bioreactors and harvested for consumption. Cells are taken from animals such as a chickens, cows, or tuna, and grown using scaffolding and/or self-organizing constructs in bioreactors.
- Memphis MeatsCompany making cultured meat based in San Francisco founded by Uma Valeti, Nicholas Genovese and Will Clem.
- Just, Inc.Just, Inc. (formerly known as Hampton Creek) is a food technology company developing and selling plant based food products around the world.
- SuperMeatSuperMeat is an Israeli biotechnology company, founded on December 15, 2015. SuperMeat is working to develop chicken meat products cultured from extracted chicken cells.
- Benjamina BollagCEO of Higher Steaks
- Show More