The deal saw participation from institutional investors Gigafund (represented by partner Stephen Oskoui), Founders Fund (represented by Cyan Banister and Luke Nosek), SV Angel, Liquid 2 Ventures (represented by founding partner Joe Montana).
Participating angel investors included:
- Aston Motes – Employee #1 at Dropbox.
- Christina Broadbeck – YouTube's first in-house designer.
- Lee Linden – Current managing partner of Quiet Capital; Linden previously founded ContestMachine (YC S'07), Tapjoy, and Karma (acquired by Facebook)
- Immad Akhund – Current CEO of neobank Mercury who previously was co-founder of Heyzap alongside Golden's founder and CEO Jude Gomila. Heyzap was sold to programmatic advertising firm Fyber for $45 million in late 2015.
- Josh Buckley – Co-founder of Mino Games, angel investor, and member of the boards of directors of Clearbit and NexHealth.
- Howie Liu – Co-founder and CEO of Airtable. Liu previously founded CRM syncing system Etacts (acquired by Salesforce).
- James Smith – Co-founder and CEO of code exception tracking software company Bugsnag. Smith served as CTO of Heyzap from 2009 through 2012.
- James Tamplin – Previously co-founder and CEO of Firebase (acquired by Google) and venture partner at Founder Collective. Tamplin joined Covid Act Now as COO in March 2020 as the COVID-19 pandemic accelerated.
- Jack Smith – Previously co-founder of Shyp and Vungle (acquired by Blackstone Group for $750 million in July 2019). Smith advises and invests in startups including The Hustle, UJET, and Survios.
- Mike Einziger – Grammy-nominated multi-instrumental musician playing with the band Incubus.
- Paul McKellar – Member of Square's founding team.
- Trip Adler – Co-founder and CEO of Scribd.
Golden Raises $5M Seed Round with Andreessen Horowitz, Gigafund, Founders Fund, and SV Angel to Build First Self-Constructing Knowledge Database Combining Artificial and Human Intelligence.
April 30, 2019
Last Week In Venture: Knowledge Construction, Breathing Easy, Cash SaaS, And Bridging The Financial...
Jason D. Rowley
May 3, 2019