Glowing plant used synthetic biology techniques and Genome Compiler's software to insert bioluminescence genes into Arabidopsis, a small flowering plant and member of the mustard family, to make a plant that visibly glows in the dark (it is inedible).
Funds raised were used to print the DNA sequences designed and to transform the plants by inserting these sequences into the plant and then growing the resultant plant in the lab.
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- Y CombinatorY Combinator (also known as YC) is a US based seed accelerator, which was started in March 2005.
- Flowering plantClade of flowering plants (in apg i-iii)
- DNAMolecule that encodes the genetic instructions used in the development and functioning of all known living organisms and many viruses.
- Synthetic biologyInterdisciplinary branch of biology and engineering, applying multiple disciplines to build artificial biological systems for research, engineering, and medical applications.
- ArabidopsisGenus of plants
- Show More