Filecoin is a a blockchain and cryptocurrency digital storage platform developed by Protocol Labs. Filecoin is supported by the Interplanetary File System (IPFS) which is a protocol for distributed file storage and organization. The Filecoin decentralized data storage platform offers a marketplace for users to set their own prices for uploading and hosting data. The platform also allows its users to customize their orders by being able to prioritize speed, redundancy, and cost.
Initial coin offering (ICO)
On August 10, 2017 Filecoin concluded their initial coin offering (ICO) selling approximately $257 million worth of Filecoin (FIL).
Filecoin: A Decentralized Storage Network
What is Filecoin? | Beginner's Guide to the Largest-Ever ICO - CoinCentral
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- BitcoinBitcoin is a cryptocurrency and a digital payment system invented by an unknown programmer, or a group of programmers, under the name Satoshi Nakamoto. It was released as open-source software in 2009.
- CryptocurrencyA cryptocurrency (or crypto currency) is a digital asset designed to work as a medium of exchange using cryptography to secure the transactions and to control the creation of additional units of the currency. Cryptocurrencies are a subset of alternative currencies, or specifically of digital currencies.
- Initial Coin Offering (ICO)An initial coin offering (ICO) is a means of crowdfunding the release of a new cryptocurrency.
- CoinListCoinlist is a financial services platform for digital assets that is headquartered in San Francisco, California and was founded in 2017 by Andy Bromberg, Brian Tubergen, Graham Jenkin, Joshua Slayton, Kendrick Nguyen, and Paul Menchov.
- Protocol LabsProtocol Labs is the company behind Coinlist (along side AngelList) and Filecoin. Juan Benet is the founder of Protocol Labs.
- Show More