Fila Holdings Corp. is a South Korean sportswear manufacturer that designs shoes and apparel founded by Ettore and Giansevero Fila in 1911 in Coggiola, near Biella, Piedmont, Italy.In 2003, it was sold to United States-based Sports Brand International. And subsequently in 2007, Fila Korea acquired the brand. In September 2010, it launched its initial public offering on the Korea Exchange.
Through its subsidiary Magnus Holdings Co., Ltd, Fila Holdings owns a 52% stake in Acushnet Company. Fila Holdings' largest shareholders include Piemonte Co., Ltd at around 20%, Fila Holdings at 20%, and South Korea's National Pension Service at around 13%. Gene Yoon (Yoon Yoon-su), who owns a 75% stake in Piemonte, serves as the chairman of Fila Holdings. The chief executive officer is Yoon Keun-chang. Fila has offices in 11 countries globally.
FILA (@FILAUSA) | Twitter
February 3, 2010
- CompanyA company, abbreviated as "Co." within a company name, is a legal entity made up of an association of people, be they natural, legal, or a mixture of both, for carrying on a commercial or industrial enterprise.
- SportSport pertains to any form of competitive physical activity or game.
- Fila (company)Sportswear manufacturing company
- AdidasAdidas is a German based multinational corporation that sells sportswear clothing, shoes, and accessories. It is the second largest sportswear producer in the world.
- Nike, Inc.Nike, Inc. is an American sportswear and athletic equipment company founded in 1964 by Phil Knight and Bill Bowerman.
- PumaPuma is the sportswear manufacturer in the world.
- ReebokReebok is a British athletic footwear and apparel company.
- New BalanceAmerican footwear manufacturer