Erasure is a peer to peer decentralized prediction market made by Numarai using the Numeraire cryptocurrency token that launched on October 4, 2018. The Erasure decentralized prediction market allows anybody to upload any of their predictions onto the platform, stake their predictions with cryptocurrency, have the community verify their predictions, and have the opportunity to make money with their predictions.
Prediction storage and verification
The Erasure platform timestamps every prediction uploaded to it to the Ethereum blockchain in a similar way to the consensus mechanism proof of existence. Erasure does not store all of its prediction data on the Ethereum blockchain, instead it stores an address (linking to where the data is stored) in the form of a hash on the Ethereum blockchain that gets timestamped. All prediction data on the Erasure platform is uploaded and stored to the InterPlanetary File system (IPFS). A hash pointing to where the data is stored on IPFS gets timestamped and stored on the Ethereum blockchain. All predictions on Erasure are timestamped, unalterable, and publicly available.
Numerai announced a new data marketplace called Erasure.
Numerai announce a new protocol: a peer to peer, decentralized data marketplace for predictions.They announced decentralizing NMR by making NMR the native token of Erasure.
An Unstoppable Predictions Marketplace -- Introducing Erasure
October 4, 2018
Introducing Erasure Quant
June 3, 2019
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- Proof of ExistenceA service for proving the existence of a document at a point of time.
- NumeraiNumerai is a hedge fund whose stock market trades are determined by crowdsourced artificial intelligence models. The best models receive rewards in the form of a cryptographic token called Numeraire (NMR) on the Ethereum blockchain.
- Prediction marketExchange-traded markets used to predict the outcome of events
- IPFS (InterPlanetary File System)IPFS is a distributed P2P alternative to HTTP.
- EthereumEthereum is an open-source, public, distributed blockchain computing platform featuring smart contract (scripting) functionality, which facilitates online contractual agreements.