Epibiome was cofounded by Nick Conley, Christina Tsai and Aeron Tynes Hammack and is based in Union City, California, USA.
Instead of antibiotics Epibiome uses non-GMO, bacteria specific viruses (bacteriophages) to destroy bacteria as a solution to combat antibiotic resistance.
Aeron Tynes Hammack
Co-founder, Chief Operating Officer
Co-founder, VP of Asian Business Development
Dr. Thomas Shryock
CEO, Co Founder, CSO
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- BiotechnologyBiotechnology can refer to the application of science and technology to living organisms or the use of living organisms, their parts, products or models thereof to solve a problem, produce knowledge or produce goods and services. Biotechnology may involve the alteration of living or non-living materials.
- CompanyA company, abbreviated 'co.', is a legal entity made up of an association of people, be they natural, legal, or a mixture of both, for carrying on a commercial or industrial enterprise.
- Cluster: Synthetic biologyA cluster of topics related to synthetic biology.
- Cluster: Microbiome and gut healthA cluster of topics related to microbiome and gut health.
- BacteriophageVirus that infects and replicates within bacteria
- AgricultureCultivation of life forms for food, fiber, biofuel and other products used to sustain life
- Food and Drug AdministrationFood and Drug Administratio (FDA or USFDA) is the agency of the United States Department of Health and Human Services regulating and supervising food, tobacco, drugs, cosmetics, medical devices, vaccines, biopharmaceuticals, radiation emitting devices, and veterinary products.
- Bill & Melinda Gates FoundationBill & Melinda Gates Foundation operates as a non-profit organization that focuses on healthcare, poverty, and educational sectors in developing countries.
- AntibioticsChemical agent that inhibits bacterial growth or kills bacteria