David Horowitz founded Touchdown Ventures in 2014 after spending 14 years in corporate venture capital with Comcast Ventures. David joined Comcast Ventures in 2000 as one of the first employees of the venture capital group. At Comcast Ventures, David focused on investments in digital media, advertising technology, digital home, education and financial technology. David led and managed investments in BlackArrow (acquired by CrossMediaWorks), Entropic (NASDAQ: ENTR), Intellon (NASDAQ: ITLN), Invite Media (acquired by Google), LinkShare (acquired by Rakuten), Nuera Communications (acquired by Audicodes), Rubicon Project (NYSE: RUBI), Visible World (acquired by Comcast), and XOS Digital (acquired by JumpTV/Neulion.) David also led investments in several privately-held companies including Ninth Decimal, SnagFilms, UberMedia, Videology, and Zero Fox. David also helped start and was a partner at Genacast Ventures, a seed stage venture capital fund affiliated with Comcast Ventures.
Prior to Comcast Ventures, David worked in investment banking at Bear Stearns. David also started and helps run South Jersey Tech Collective (a networking group comprising of local tech entrepreneurs and investors). David also serves as an advisor to the the Philadelphia Greenlight Fund.
David graduated with a Bachelor of Business Administration with highest honors from the University of Michigan.
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- Venture capitalA form of financing or funding for emerging companies. Investment on early-stage companies in exchange for equity in the companies they invest in.
- ComcastComcast is an american mass media company founded by Ralph J. Roberts.
- NASDAQNASDAQ is an american stock exchange founded in 1971.
- RakutenRakuten is an electronic commerce and internet company in japan founded in 1997 by Hiroshi Mikitani.
- Bear StearnsBear Stearns is a New York City-based company.
- Show More