DIYbio.org was founded in 2008 with the mission of establishing a vibrant, productive and safe community of DIY biologists. Central to the company's mission is the belief that biotechnology and greater public understanding about it has the potential to benefit everyone.
- Community database of projects/events/groups/startups: http://sphere.diybio.org
- Diybio regional groups: https://diybio.org/local/
- Global mailing list: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/diybio
- Code of ethics: https://diybio.org/codes/
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
DIYbio on the News Hour
31 Dec 2008.
DIYSECT: Learning in Public
- BiotechnologyBiotechnology can refer to the application of science and technology to living organisms or the use of living organisms, their parts, products or models thereof to solve a problem, produce knowledge or produce goods and services. Biotechnology may involve the alteration of living or non-living materials.