Coin Center is a non-profit research and advocacy center based out of Washington, D.C. that was founded in 2014. The Coin Center focuses on addressing public policy issues within the blockchain, cryptocurrency, and decentralized computing industries. Their mission is to promote a favourable regulatory climate for the freedom of individuals to innovate using blockchain-based technologies by producing and publishing content related to blockchain public policy research.
Coin center executive director Jerry Brito testifies before House Financial Services Committee
Jerry Brito testifies before the Subcommittee on Terrorism and Illicit Finance of the United States House of Representatives Committee on Financial Services
on the public policy questions related to virtual currencies.
Senior Research Fellow
Peter Van Valkenburgh
Senior Policy Counsel
Bitcoin Think Tank Coin Center Launches with Star-Studded Support
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- Nonprofit organizationOrganization that uses its income to achieve its goals rather than distributing it as profit or dividends.
- CryptocurrencyA cryptocurrency (or crypto currency) is a digital asset designed to work as a medium of exchange using cryptography to secure the transactions and to control the creation of additional units of the currency. Cryptocurrencies are a subset of alternative currencies, or specifically of digital currencies.
- Cryptocurrency lawCryptocurrency law is the area of financial law that applies to individuals and other entities who trade cryptocurrencies.
- Jerry BritoExecutive director of Coin Center.
- BlockchainA blockchain is an append-only digital ledger storing a set of time-ordered transactions grouped in blocks that are linked together using cryptographic hashes.
- Show More