Closed Loop Capital is an early-stage venture capital platform investing in entrepreneurs leading ventures in agriculture technology and food system innovation in the United States and Canada. Closed Loop Capital was founded in 2011 and is based in Pennsylvania with an additional office in Vermont. Investments range across four key categories:
- on-farm technologies
- decision support systems and robotics
- supply chain innovations
- consumer products.
Closed Loop Capital is an early-stage venture capital platform investing in entrepreneurs leading ventures in agriculture technology and food system innovation in the United States and Canada. The firm was founded in 2010 by James Macon and Jason Ingle and it is located in Radnor, Pennsylvania.
Closed Loop Capital has made nine investments. One of their investments was on Aug 29, 2017, when they invested $42M in MycoTechnology.
Closed loop capital is a venture capital firm specializing in early-stage investments. It seeks to invest in
- ventures in agriculture technology and food system innovation, with a focus on on-farm technologies, agribusiness operating systems, supply chain innovations, consumer products, where on-farm technologies include biological inputs, waste stream management, irrigation technologies, and on-farm robotics;
- agribusiness operating systems include planning and management systems, precision agriculture, environmental data acquisition hardware, and livestock monitoring;
- supply chain innovations include alternative grow system technologies, producer-consumer e-commerce platforms, new food supply chain models;
- consumer products include new protein products, functional food, medicinal food, and nutraceuticals.
The firm prefers to invest in companies based in the northeast, with a focus on the United States and Canada. It prefers to exit via an IPO (initial public offering) or acquisition.