Chainspace is a blockchain software development company making a distributed smart contract platform. The company is headquartered in Gibraltar, Gibraltar and was founded in 2018 by Dave Hrycyszn, George Danezis, Ramsey Khoury, and Alberto Sonnino.
Chainspace uses the Sharded Byzantine Atomic Commit (S-BAC) protocol that allows Chainspace to run multiple blockchains (shards) at the same time and make atomic cross shard commits. Chainspace also uses a byzantine consensus protocol, called Blockmania, that performs consensus and transaction ordering within one shard and is based on a directed acyclic graph (DAG) structure.
Chainspace: a sharded smart contracts platform
Chainspace: A Sharded Smart Contracts Platform
Mustafa Al-Bassam, Alberto Sonnino, Shehar Bano, Dave Hrycyszyn and George Danezis
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- CryptocurrencyA cryptocurrency (or crypto currency) is a digital asset designed to work as a medium of exchange using cryptography to secure the transactions and to control the creation of additional units of the currency. Cryptocurrencies are a subset of alternative currencies, or specifically of digital currencies.
- Distributed ledgerA distributed ledger is a database of information held and replicated independently by participants in a network called nodes. A blockchain is a specific subtype of a distributed ledger.
- BlockchainA blockchain is an append-only digital ledger storing a set of time-ordered transactions grouped in blocks that are linked together using cryptographic hashes.
- Directed acyclic graphA graph data structure that uses topological ordering, meaning that the graph flows in only one direction and it's impossible to traverse the entire graph by starting at an edge.
- Cultural contractsTheory for metaphorically explaining the attitudinal and social predispositions that affects how people relate to others within and without one's own culture
- Show More