The Cellular Agriculture Society (CAS) is an international non-profit organization seeking to support the development and commercialization of cellular agricultural products and technologies. CAS was founded by Kristopher Gaseratos in March, 2017.
CAS has partnered up with cellular agriculture companies offering them their own CAS accreditation. The CAS accreditation is offered to companies as a pre-certification until they have successfully commercialized a product, after which, a full CAS certification is granted. The CAS certification is for cellular agricultural companies that are poised to benefit people, animals, and the world at large.
Currently, no events have been added to this timeline yet.
Be the first one to add some.
Social science division, director
Research division, director
Director of communications (Europe)
Design division, director
Founder & president
Director of communications (South America)
Media division & PodCAS, director
Tissue engineering specialist
Director of communications (North America)
Get To Know: Cellular Agriculture Society - Sustainability
CAS Wants You (and Everyone Else) to Know About Cellular Agriculture
New cellular agriculture and rise of neominvores
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
Water Use of Clean Meat & Cellular Agriculture
March 6, 2018
No infobox has been created on this topic. Be the first to add one.
- Cellular agricultureCellular agriculture is an interdisciplinary scientific field drawing from several disciplines such as synthetic biology, genetic engineering, molecular biology, tissue engineering, biochemistry, and food science to design organisms capable of producing a wide variety of agricultural products.
- Cluster: Plant-based and clean meatA cluster of topics related to cultured meat, plant-based meat, clean meat and cellular agriculture.
- Cluster: Synthetic biologyA cluster of topics related to synthetic biology.
- Cultured meatCultured meats are animal flesh products made from extracted animal cells that are grown in bioreactors and harvested for consumption. Cells are taken from animals such as a chickens, cows, or tuna, and grown using scaffolding and/or self-organizing constructs in bioreactors.
- BioreactorBioreactors create an internal environments that support proliferation and differentiation of cells for the manufacturing of biological products.
- SuperMeatSuperMeat is an Israeli biotechnology company, founded on December 15, 2015. SuperMeat is working to develop chicken meat products cultured from extracted chicken cells.
- JUST, Inc.JUST, Inc. (formerly known as Hampton Creek) is a food technology company developing and selling plant based food products around the world.
- Finless FoodsFinless Foods is a biotechnology company producing cultured marine animal food products through implementing cellular agriculture and manufacturing technologies.
- Show More