Capricor Therapeutics is a biotechnology company that is interested in developing and commercializing cell and exosome-based therapeutics for the purpose of treating and preventing diseases. The company was founded in 2005 in Los Angeles, California, United States.
The company has developed an allogenic cell therapy that is meant to treat Duchenne muscular dystrophy as well as COVID-19. They have been developing extracellular vesicles and are researching potential exosome-based candidates for treating a variety of disorders.
Capricor Therapeutics' lead candidate for treatments is the CAP-1002. It works as a cardiac cell therapy that directly treats Duchenne muscular dystrophy and COVID-19. It consists of cardiosphere-derived cells (CDCs) and a population of cells that exert immunomodulatory activity to alter an immune system's activity, stimulating cellular regeneration.
The company investigates exosome science and biologically-active contents secreted by cells. They look to serve both direct and re-direct activities that serve other cells.
Capricor Resumes Dosing of Enrolled Patients in HOPE-2 Clinical Trial for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
Capricor Therapeutics, Inc.
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
Capricor Therapeutics working on drug to treat a rare disorder DMD
September 18, 2018
- Cluster: BiotechnologyA cluster of topics related to biotechnology.
- Cluster: Stem cell technologyTechnology used for isolating, generating, growing and controlling the differentiation of stem cells into specialized cells and the application of stem cell technology for medical and non-medical purposes such as producing meat through cellular agriculture.
- BiotechnologyBiotechnology can refer to the application of science and technology to living organisms or the use of living organisms, their parts, products or models thereof to solve a problem, produce knowledge or produce goods and services. Biotechnology may involve the alteration of living or non-living materials.
- Stem cellStem cells are self-renewing cells that have the potential to become multiple different cell types in the body. Stem cells are found in developing embryos. Adult stem cells maintain and repair tissues throughout life. Induced pluripotent stem cells are a type of stem cell derived from adult cells that are reprogrammed in the lab.
- Regenerative medicineBranch of research dealing with the process of replacing, engineering, or regenerating biological units to (re-)establish normal function