Founded by Emil Hewage and Oliver Armitage, the company has the goal to build a link between the body's nervous and external devices for the sake of aiding against chronic diseases. The link is not designed to communicated directly with the such things as the spine or brain, but rather to decipher the signals that are sent to and from problematic/diseased organs or limbs, and then using a new signal to help treat the patient. The company's main targets are heart disease and diabetes.Another use for this neural link that BIOS offers is for a prosthetic interface device, or PID. With BIOS, a patient with a missing limb would be able to control an artificial body part.
BIOS uses machine learning to process high volumes of neural data in order to understand how each signal corresponds to which action in a patient. They are also making this data available to anybody involved in healthcare.
BIOS raises $4.5M to further develop neural interface
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- Y CombinatorY Combinator (also known as YC) is a US based seed accelerator, which was started in March 2005.
- BioinformaticsInterdisciplinary field that applies computational techniques to solve biological problems on the molecular level.
- HealthHealth is a Minnesota-based company.
- Human-Computer Interaction Institute
- Medical deviceInstrument, apparatus, implant, in vitro reagent, or similar or related article
- Show More