Caledonian Photonics Limited is a consultancy in the field of robust, miniaturised solid-state lasers and associated optical systems. We have expertise in design for manufacture, reliability and environmental insensitivity, with experience of the academic, scientific and defence markets. Based in central Scotland, Caledonian Photonics was founded in May 2018. Since that time Caledonian Photonics has been engaged in consultancy to the Photonics industry and in technology development for exploitation in future laser products.
Caledonian Photonics is a member of Technology Scotland and Photonics Scotland.
Caledonian Photonics is active in consultancy to the Photonics industry, where we offer:
Domain knowledge of defence, scientific and commercial photonics applications, including within Quantum Technologies
Photonics system architecting
Laser resonator and optical system design using Zemax and SOLIDWORKS
Feasibility studies and prototyping in Caledonian Photonics’ lab
Design for manufacture, reliability and environmental insensitivity
Grant proposal writing with recent successful experience of Innovate UK and the UK Defence and Security Accelerator
- CompanyA company, abbreviated as "Co." within a company name, is a legal entity made up of an association of people, be they natural, legal, or a mixture of both, for carrying on a commercial or industrial enterprise.
- Caledonian Photonics LimitedCaledonian Photonics Limited is a consultancy in the field of robust, miniaturized solid-state lasers and associated optical systems.
- TechnologyTechnology is the making, modification, usage, and knowledge of tools, machines, techniques, crafts, systems, and methods of organization
- Quantum photonicsThe science of detecting, controlling, and manipulating individual photons. The field includes the generation, detection and coherent manipulation of photonic quantum states. Quantum photonics can be used to improve the security of information transfer, speed up algorithms, and increase the accuracy of measurements.
- Quantum sensorQuantum sensors and quantum sensing describes the use of a quantum system, quantum properties, or quantum phenomena to perform a measurement of a physical quality.