Bytro Labs is an owner-managed company that develops and publishes browser-based and mobile online games. Their games have over 10 million registered users and are available in fifteen languanges as of 2019.
Bytro Labs was founded in 2009 by Felix Faber, Tobias Kringe and Christopher Lörken in Freiburg, Germany. While studying Cognitive Science, they teamed up to develop their own strategy game. In 2013, Bytro Labs merged with the Swedish Stillfront group, which combines cross-platform and cross-genre specialist developers. Bytro Labs is a subsidiary of Stillfront. Stillfront acquired 51% of Bytro shares in 2013 and completed the acquisition of the remaining 49% shares in 2016.
Bytro Labs games are free-to-play HTML5-games with some paid extensions. In November 2017, Bytro Labs launched its beta Android version of the browser game Call of War in Early Access on Google Play. The Android version, which is a native app, will allow players to play the strategy game Call of War on the go. Players can give orders to their armies, initiate research and order production of weapons from the convenience of their mobile phone.
Bytro creates high-immersion war strategy games. As of 2019 the company had two titles under their Supremacy brand. Supremacy 1 – The Great War builds upon Supremacy 1914, Call of War and Conflict of Nations. In Supremacy 1 – The Great War, players experience strategic gameplay in the setting of World War I.
On Google Play, Bytro offers three games as of 2019: Call of War, Supremacy 1914 and Mars Tomorrow.