Breakout ventures is a venture capital firm investing in early stage technology companies operating within and combining technologies from the sectors of technology, biology, materials, and energy. The company was founded on August 1, 2016 by Lindy Morris Fishburne, Julia Moore and Hemai Parthasarathy. Before founding Breakout Ventures, Lindy Morris Fishburne previously launched Breakout Labs alongside the Peter Thiel Foundation in October 2011. The team at Breakout Labs successfully grew the company for several years before deciding to create a more traditional venture capital firm that would later become Breakout Ventures in 2016. According to Lindy Morris Fishburne, Breakout ventures will focus on Series-A and Series-B investments in "deep science" companies.
Venture capital fund
On September 13, 2017 Breakout ventures announced it's debut venture capital fund raising $60.1 million in capital commitments.
Confirmation of debut venture capital fund
Breakout Ventures announces and secures $60.1 million in venture capital commitments for it's debut venture capital fund.
Breakout Ventures, spun out of Peter Thiel’s Breakout Labs, has closed its debut fund with $60M
These VCs Are Bringing 'Hard Science' to Fortune 500 Companies
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- Venture CapitalA form of financing or funding for emerging companies. Investment on early-stage companies in exchange for equity in the companies they invest in.
- CompanyA company, abbreviated 'co.', is a legal entity made up of an association of people, be they natural, legal, or a mixture of both, for carrying on a commercial or industrial enterprise.
- Breakout LabsPart of the thiel foundation
- Founders FundVenture capital firm
- Peter ThielAn American innovator in banking and startup finance, entrepreneur, venture capitalist and hedge fund manager.
- CortexymeCortexyme is a company developing novel treatments for Alzheimer's disease and other neurodegenerative disorders.
- CytovaleApplied ML for sepsis clinical diagnostics company
- Show More