Brace Pharma Capital

Brace Pharma Capital

Brace Pharma Capital is the strategic investment subsidiary of EMS S/A and focus their investments on therapies for diseases with a high degree of unmet medical need and insufficient treatment options.

Brace Pharma Capital is the strategic investment subsidiary of EMS S/A, a Brazilian pharmaceutical company. They invest in therapies for diseases with a high degree of unmet medical need and insufficient treatment options. Brace Pharma Capital invest 80% of their portfolio in clinical phase projects, and the remaining 20% in pre-clinical projects.

Part of their investment criteria, Brace Pharma Capital looks for therapies with what they deem a high probability of technical and regulatory success with defined, FDA validated, clinical efficacy endpoints. And they look for clinical stage projects to go to market in three to five years, and pre-clinical to go to market in five to seven years with the potential of over $200 million in revenue.

Investment

Brace Pharma Capital has invested in Avidity Biosciences, ReViral, Antiva Biosciences, Prevision BioSciences, AVROBIO, Antiva Biosciences, MiRagen, F2G, Zymeworks and Navitor Pharmaceuticals.

They have exited their investments in Precision BioSciences, Zymeworks, Avrobio, UNUM Therapeutics, and MiRagen.

Timeline

Funded Companies

Company
Description
Industry
Website
Location
Precision BioSciences

Precision BioSciences is a biotechnology developing a gene editing platform for the creation of cell therapies, gene therapies, and agricultural products.

Developing gene therapies to potentially cure rare diseases.

Avidity Biosciences is a La Jolla-based company.

Antiva Biosciences is a Menlo Park, California-based company.

4 Results
Results per page:
Page 1 of 1

People

Name
Role
LinkedIn

Alan Cohen, M.D., FAAP, FCCP, FAAAAI, FACAAI

Medical Advisor

Daniel E. Salazar, Ph.D

Vice President of Clinical & Regulatory

Lina Arslanian

Executive Assistant & Office Manager

Pedro Bordeaux, M.S.

Associate

Samuel Broder, M.D.

Medical Advisor

Todd Brady

Director of Finance & Investments

Vinzenz Ploerer

President and CEO

Further reading

Title
Author
Link
Type
Date

Documentaries, videos and podcasts

Title
Date
Link

Companies

Company
CEO
Location
Products/Services

References

Golden logo
Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0; additional terms apply. By using this site, you agree to our Terms & Conditions.