The operating holding company, B+M Blumenbecker GmbH, has its head office in Beckum, North Rhine-Westphalia. The managing director is Dr Wolfgang Fink.
The company was set up by Theodor Blumenbecker in Beckum in 1922 as an armature winding workshop. It was subsequently taken over by his son and activities soon included the repair of electric motors and machines and the installation of lighting and power systems. The company developed further when, in 1954, Theodor's daughter Marianne opened an electrical retail business in Ahlen and then in 1964 when an engineering office and switchgear manufacturing firm were also incorporated into the group. These affiliates were merged in 1966 to form 'Blumenbecker KG'. In 1982 the Group was split into the holding company 'Blumenbecker KG' and the operating company 'B+M Blumenbecker GmbH'.
Restructuring in 2004 then created a total of 20 largely independent companies with numerous sites and offices in Germany, Poland, Russia, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Ukraine, India, the United States, China and Italy.
The Group currently employs a workforce of over 1,236 and in 2015 recorded a total turnover of some 172 million euros.
Blumenbecker Automatisierungstechnik GmbH (Beckum, Dortmund)
Blumenbecker Engineering LLC (Braunschweig)
Blumenbecker Industrie-Robotik GmbH (Chemnitz)
Further companies are located in Poland (Katowice, Cracow, Opole), the Czech Republic(Prague, Přerov, Plzeň), Slovakia (Bratislava), China (Shanghai, Qingdao, Tianjin, Shenyang) the Ukraine (Kiev), in Russia (Kaluga), as well as in the USA (Newnan (Georgia)), in India (Pune) and in Italy (Monselice).