Bithumb is a South Korean cryptocurrency exchange platform that is operated by a company called BTC Korea.com Co. Ltd, and is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea. It features low commission for bitcoin transactions, trade data anti-forgery, secured SMS verification, highly adaptive data encryption, 24/7 server security control systems, and stable real-time trading system. The Bithumb platform allows its users to exchange Korean Won for Ethereum (ETH/KRW), Ethereum Classic (ETC/KRW), Ripple (XRP/KRW), Litecoin (LTC/KRW), Dash (DASH/KRW), Bitcoin (BTC/KRW), and Bitcoin gift vouchers with a minimum value of $9 USD.
On September 23, 2019 Bithumb announced plans to open op their cryptocurrency trading platform in India. Bithumb will offer sign-up incentives to Indian customers and will offer an opportunity for Indian cryptocurrency exchanges to partner with Bithumb to help increase their liquidity. At the time of making their annoucnement to expand operations in India, Bithumb has captured 59.19% of the Korean and 15% of the global cryptocurrency exchange market.
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- Cluster: Blockchain and cryptocurrencyA cluster of topics related to blockchain and cryptocurrency.
- Cryptocurrency exchangeCryptocurrency exchanges are exchange markets for trading cryptocurrencies.
- CompanyA company, abbreviated 'co.', is a legal entity made up of an association of people, be they natural, legal, or a mixture of both, for carrying on a commercial or industrial enterprise.
- CryptocurrencyA cryptocurrency (or crypto currency) is a digital asset designed to work as a medium of exchange using cryptography to secure the transactions and to control the creation of additional units of the currency. Cryptocurrencies are a subset of alternative currencies, or specifically of digital currencies.
- BlockchainA blockchain is an append-only digital ledger storing a set of time-ordered transactions grouped in blocks that are linked together using cryptographic hashes.