It changed the proof-of-work algorithm from the SHA-256 algorithm to Equihash. The difference between the two algorithms is that Equihash is more ASIC-resistant than SHA-256, meaning that mining Bitcoin Gold profitably does not require the purchase of specialized equipment. This enables a new class of individuals and businesses to participate in Bitcoin Gold mining.
Bitcoin Gold White paper
So what is a Bitcoin Gold Fork?
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- Cluster: Blockchain & cryptocurrencyA cluster of topics related to blockchain and cryptocurrency.
- CryptocurrencyA cryptocurrency (or crypto currency) is a digital asset designed to work as a medium of exchange using cryptography to secure the transactions and to control the creation of additional units of the currency. Cryptocurrencies are a subset of alternative currencies, or specifically of digital currencies.
- BitcoinBitcoin is a cryptocurrency and a digital payment system invented by an unknown programmer, or a group of programmers, under the name Satoshi Nakamoto. It was released as open-source software in 2009.
- Bitcoin CashBitcoin Cash is a peer-to-peer electronic cash hardforked from the Bitcoin blockchain.
- EquihashEquihash is a Proof-of-Work algorithm used by Zcash, Komodo, ZenCash, and numerous other cryptocurrencies.
- Cryptocurrency miningCryptocurrency mining is the process by which transactions are validated and new coins are minted in a decentralized cryptocurrency network.