BioCurious is a public, non-profit laboratory for scientists and non-scientists to use for biological experimentation. Biocurious offers educational and community outreach programs, entrepreneurship incubation, business mentoring, and angel investment opportunities. BioCurious is located in Santa Clara , California and was founded in 2010 by Eri Gentry, Kristina Hathaway, Josh Perfetto, Raymond McCauley, Joseph Jackson, and Tito Jankowski. The founders of BioCurious ran a Kickstarter campaign that ran from June 26, 2010 to September 23, 2010 (89 days). During their Kickstarter campaign BioCurious raised $35,319 from 239 backers.
Geektoberfest 2018 at the Tech Museum
Citizen Science: Do Try This at Home
The Rise of Citizen Bioscience
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
Spaces & Places: BioCurious - Could the next Apple emerge from this hackerspace for biotech?
November 22, 2017
- Cluster: BiotechnologyA cluster of topics related to biotechnology.
- HackerspaceCommunity-operated physical space where people with common interests, often in computers, technology, science, digital art or electronic art, can meet, socialise and/or collaborate
- LaboratoryFacility that provides controlled conditions in which scientific or technological research, experiments, and measurement may be performed.
- BiotechnologyBiolotechnology can refer to the application of science and technology to living organisms or the use of living organisms, their parts, products or models thereof to solve a problem, produce knowledge or produce goods and services. Biotechnology may involve the alteration of living or non-living materials.
- Counter Culture LabsCounter Culture Labs is a grassroots community lab for biohacking and citizen science in Oakland
- 3D printingAdditive process used to make a three-dimensional object