Barnea & Co. is a commercial law firm located in Israel. The firm's senior partners are Michael Barnea, Simon Jaffa and Zohar Lande.
Barnea & Co. is an organization that provides legal services. The firm's range of legal expertise extends to corporate law, infrastructure and project finance, litigation, M&A, tax, insolvency, internet, employment, real-estate, securities and capital markets, technology, estate planning and wealth management for private clients.Michael (Micky) Barnea, the company founder, specializes in technology law.
Following are some of the cases in respect of which Barnea & Co. provided legal advisory services.
- The sale of Pilat Media by the Israeli businessman and the owner of Eurocom Group, Mr. Shaul Elovitch, for approximately US$100 million.
- The listing of Matomy's securities on the London Stock Exchange.
- Representation of Carmit Candy Industries in its lawsuit against Strauss Elite in the Cadbury case.
- The acquisition of control over the public company Avgol Industries 1953 Ltd. by HFH International BV for approximately US$107 million.
- Representation in the transaction to acquire all of the assets of Zenith Solar Ltd., by Suncore Photovoltaic Technology Company Limited, a subsidiary of San’an Optoelectronics Ltd., which is traded on the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
- Representing the main shareholders of Ahava Dead Sea Laboratories Ltd. to the Chinese company, Fosun International, at a value of US$77 million.
- Representation of the Azrieli Group in the purchase of Buy 2 Networks Ltd., a company listed on the Israeli Stock Exchange at a value of US$20 million.
Barnea & Co. is involved in local and international infrastructure and energy projects, including: the light railway projects in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv, electrification of the Israel Railways network, the Dead Sea and Tsafit power station construction projects, the Gilboa hydroelectric power station, Israel natural gas pipeline infrastructure; design, construction, financing and Operation and Maintenance of the IDF's new Training Campus in the Negev Desert, the construction and operation of a new Israel Police training center, among others.
The Legal 500 has ranked Barnea & Co. in the categories of Banking and Finance, Corporate and M&A, Employment, Infrastructure and Energy and High-Tech.
The Chambers and Partners directory has ranked the company in the practice areas of Corporate and M&A, High-tech, Employment and Projects and Energy and lawyers, Michael Barnea, Simon Jaffa, Marie Tsion, Zohar Lande and Dr. Dotan Baruch in their fields.
The international rating directory IFLR1000 has also ranked Barnea & Co. in the categories of M&A and project financing.
The company is ranked among the leading Israeli ranking directories, Dun's 100 and BDI Coface.