Baird Capital was launched in 1989 and in early 2019 was operating on three continents: North America, Europe and Asia. Baird Capital is focused on three sectors: Healthcare, Technology & Services, and Industrial Solutions, where it makes venture capital, growth equity and private equity investments.
By early 2019, Baird Capital had invested in over 300 companies in Healthcare, Industrial Solutions and Technology & Services sectors.
Investment history and strategy
Since their inception in 1989 until 2017, Baird Capital has raised and managed $3.4 billion and invested in 305 companies. Baird Capital offers assistance with management buyout, leveraged recapitalization, growth equity, and industry consolidation. Baird Capital has been voted number 12 in the 2018 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For.
Baird Capital Partners is a private equity and venture capital firm specializing in management buyout, leveraged recapitalization, growth equity, industry consolidation, late venture, later stage and acquisition transactions of lower middle market companies.
Baird Capital Partners was founded in 1989 and is based in Chicago, Illinois with additional offices in the United States, Europe, and Asia. Baird Capital Partners operates as an investment arm of Robert W. Baird & Co. Incorporated.
- Within business services, investments are sought in healthcare services and marketing and communication, business process outsourcing, and professional services.
- Within the products sector, investments are made in the manufactured products, specialty consumer, and healthcare products, industrial and commercial sector.
- Within healthcare products, investments are made in , clinical solutions, revenue cycle management, infection prevention and control, marketing and communications, healthcare IT, predictive analysis, consumer engagement, population health management, claims processing and analytics, risk management, health care products like consumer diagnostics, clinical trial management, vitamins and supplements, durable medical equipment, and diagnostic and quality improvement; and life sciences including clinical research outsourcing and research tools and diagnostics.
- Within technology and services sector, it invests in human capital, including staffing and recruitment solutions, workforce management and administration, and education and training; financial technology and services including payments, capital markets, and banking and insurance solutions; marketing solutions, including agency services, digital marketing solutions, and data analytics; and professional services like risk management, legal services and environment, health and safety.
- Within the products/industrial sector, the firm invests in process controls like power infrastructure/smart grid, factory and production process controls, test and measurement; energy storage, tracking equipment/components; water infrastructure like water treatment facilities, filtration products and services, and water purification products and services, desalination, instrumentation and controls and pumps and valves; personal care and beauty and wellness products, like dietary nutritional supplements and personal hygiene products; and enthusiast/hobbyist products like ruralist and outdoor products and gear, recreation and leisure products, and arts and crafts; process controls like electrical controls, filtration and separation, cable management, heating and cooling, fluid and flow controls; Test and Measurement like electronic measurement, analytical measurement, industrial automation; Safety and Environmental like occupational health and safety, community health and safety, construction/decommissioning, environmental, and protective controls.
- It also seeks to invest in automotive and heavy-duty trucks, industrial machinery, diversified support services, distributors.
- It seeks investment opportunities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, specifically in India, and China, and will consider international investment opportunities either as an add-on acquisition or when pursued with its affiliates.
- The firm primarily invests between $15 million and $35 million in companies with enterprise value ranging between $25 million and $125 million and EBITDA between $5 million and $20 million.
- It invests in companies with $150 million in revenues. It prefers to invest in transactions ranging between $25 million and $125 million.
- It seeks to take a controlling stake in its portfolio companies but will also consider making opportunistic minority investments. The firm holds its investments over a period of four to six years.
Gordon G Pan
Documentaries, videos and podcasts