The firm looks to provide early-stage capital to companies that develop innovative and breakthrough ideas in the cleantech sector. ArcTern Ventures is partnered with MaRS, which is one of the largest innovation centers that operates worldwide. The firm has made a total of twelve investments with companies such as Hydrostor, Pawrity, Morgan Solar, and others.
Associated investment funds
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- Venture capitalA form of financing or funding for emerging companies. Investment on early-stage companies in exchange for equity in the companies they invest in.
- Cluster: Clean technologyA process, product or service which reduces negative impacts on the environment while offering competitive returns for investors and customers. Clean technologies provide solutions which reduce energy usage, use sustainable resources or protect the environment.
- HydrostorHyrdrostor is a Toronto-based energy storage company using an advanced compressed air energy storage system for long-duration, emission-free energy storage.
- ParityParity is a digital wallet for the Ethereum blockchain
- Morgan Solar IncMorgan Solar is a Toronto-based provider of low-cost solar power applications.