Arbor Biosciences, formerly MYcroarray, is a biotech company specializing in custom solutions for synthetic biology and NGS target enrichment. Cell-free protein expression has become a tool in many biology fields ranging from synthetic biology to industrial biomanufacturing.Next-generation sequencing (NGS) capture technologies are used in genetic sequencing of ancient DNA (aDNA) and degraded samples.
Arbor Biosciences is providing free kits for sequencing virus samples during the COVID-19 pandemic caused by SARS-CoV-2. The kit called myBairs Expert for SARS-CoV-2 retrieves and isolated fragments of the virus genome from samples like blood from a person or animal. Known portions of the SARS-CoV-2 sequence are used as “baits” to capture fragments and software is used to reconstruct the viral genome sequence. The kit is designed for studying epidemiological and phylogenetic properties of SARS-CoV-2.
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- Cluster: BiotechnologyA cluster of topics related to biotechnology.
- Cluster: COVID-19A cluster of topics related to COVID-19. COVID-19 is the abbreviated name for coronavirus disease 2019, a respiratory disease caused by a novel coronavirus strain called SARS-CoV-2. COVID-19 was first detected in Wuhan City, China and the outbreak was declared a pandemic on March 11, 2020 by the WHO.
- Molecular biologyBranch of biology that deals with the molecular basis of biological activity
- Synthetic biologyInterdisciplinary branch of biology and engineering, applying multiple disciplines to build artificial biological systems for research, engineering, and medical applications.
- Gene expressionThe process in which a gene's sequence is converted into a mature gene product or products (proteins or rna). this includes the production of an rna transcript as well as any processing to produce a mature rna product or an mrna or circrna (for prote