App Annie is an app market data and insights company headquartered in San Francisco, California. It produces consumer and competitive information on downloads, revenue, ratings, usage (MAU/DAU), search terms, etc. to support decision making for app marketing spend optimization, partnering and investment strategies and product roadmap prioritization.
Products and platforms
- Store Stats – A free online service for app ranking analysis. It provides visualizations on historical rankings, daily rankings, ratings and featured placements broken down by countries and categories for the top 1,000 apps across the iOS, Mac, Google Play, Amazon Appstore, Windows Phone Store, and Windows 8 Store.
- App Store Analytics – A free sales analytics dashboard for app publishers. It allows publishers to track their app downloads, revenues, rankings and reviews across multiple platforms. Publishers can access data via a web dashboard, daily email reports, export function, and API. As of February 2015, App Annie was used by over 45,000 publishers to track more than 370,000 apps around the world.
- eBook Store Analytics – A free service that connects Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing and iTunes Connect Books accounts to App Annie's dashboard, giving sales and download information similar to Analytics. Also provides eBook analysis for Apple iBookstore and Amazon Kindle Store.
- Intelligence – A paid product that provides algorithm-based market estimations.
- Usage Intelligence – A paid product that provides data on an app's active users, average revenue per user (ARPU), penetration, etc.
On July 24, 2014, App Annie filed a trademark infringement lawsuit against its biggest competitor Apptopia Inc. for allegedly marketing its Apptopia Insights product as a "better" alternative to App Annie's services. It was alleged that the Apptopia was misusing the App Annie brand and trademark in its Google text ads and landing pages according to the lawsuit. On August 22, 2014 the lawsuit against Apptopia was voluntarily dismissed by App Annie Inc.
Series E - $63m
Series D - $55m
Series C - $15m
Investors include Sequoia Capital, IDG Capital Partners, Greycroft Ventures, e.ventures, Infinity Ventures (IVP).
Series B - $6m
Investment led by Greycroft Partners and participation from e.ventures, Infinity Venture Partners, Kii Capital, Jarl Mohn, and IDG Capital Partners.
Series A - $1m
Lead investor was IDG Capital Partners.
AppAnnie.com's official launch
AppAnnie.com's official launch with Analytics and Store Stats products for the iOS App Store and Mac Store.
Documentaries, videos and podcasts