The Antifa movement is a conglomeration of far-left autonomous, militant anti-fascist groups in the United States. The principal feature of antifa groups is their use of direct action, with conflicts occurring both online and in real life. They engage in varied protest tactics, which include digital activism, property damage, physical violence, and harassment against those whom they believe to be fascist, racist, or on the far-right. Activists involved in the movement tend to be anti-capitalists and subscribe to a range of ideologies, typically on the left and the far-left. They include anarchists, socialists and communists along with some liberals and social democrats. Their stated focus is on fighting far-right and white supremacist ideologies directly, rather than through electoral means.
The Department of Homeland Security has classified the group as "domestic terrorists" since 2017.
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- TerrorismUse of violence as a form of coercion
- PoliticsPractice and theory of influencing other people, as in government
- CommunismSocialist political movement and ideology
- SocialismSystem of government where the means of production are socially owned
- Far-left politicsFar-left politics are political views located further on the left of the left-right spectrum than the standard political left. The term has been used to describe ideologies such as: communism, anarchism, anarcho-communism, left-communism, anarcho-syndicalism, Marxism-Leninism, Trotskyism, Anti-fascism and Maoism.
- Show More