Angel Island Capital is a multi-strategy credit investment platform that is headquartered in San Francisco, California and was founded in 2008 as a speciality finance portfolio company of Golden Gate Capital. The firm focuses on corporate debt investments. According to the firms website (as of November 2019) they are managing approximately $3 billion in assets across a variety of credit strategies.
The investment process used by Angel Island Capital follows the following steps:
- Form top-down industry view
- Sub-sector macro analysis
- Competitive landscape analysis
- Deep due diligence & underwriting
- Portfolio management & monitoring
- Active Asset allocation