Founded in 2009 by Marc Andreessen and Ben Horowitz, Andreessen Horowitz (known as “a16z”) is a venture capital firm located at 2865 Sand Hill Road, Suite 101 in Menlo Park, California that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future through technology. The firm is stage agnostic: a16z invests in seed to late-stage companies, and both consumer and enterprise technology companies. As of April 2018, a16z has raised $7.1B, across seven funds, including the $650M Bio funds.
Andreessen Horowitz has built a network of technical and executive talent; media and marketing resources; Fortune 500/Global 2000 companies; as well as other technology decision makers, influencers, and opinion leaders. The firm uses this network to help their portfolio companies grow. Their operating teams provide entrepreneurs with access to expertise and insights across a range of topics.
The firm uses a Hollywood talent agency Creative Artists Agency model. Instead of having industry specific general partners, general partner works on behalf of all its portfolio companies.
John O' Farrell
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- Preferred StockPreferred stock (also called preferred shares, preference shares or simply preferreds) is a type of stock which may have any combination of features not possessed by common stock including properties of both an equity and a debt instrument.
- Y CombinatorY Combinator (also known as YC) is a US based seed accelerator, which was started in March 2005.
- Brian CheskyBrian Joseph Chesky (born August 29, 1981) is an American Internet entrepreneur who co-founded the hospitality exchange service Airbnb.
- Marc AndreessenMarc Andreessen is an American entrepreneur, investor, and software engineer. He is the co-author of Mosaic, the first widely used Web browser; co-founder of Netscape; and co-founder and general partner of a16z.
- Venture CapitalA form of financing or funding for emerging companies. Investment on early-stage companies in exchange for equity in the companies they invest in.
- Show More