Akasha stands for 'Advanced Knowledge Architecture for Social Human Advocacy' and is a blockchain-based decentralized social media platform that was founded by Mihai Alisie in 2015. Akasha is built using the Ethereum blockchain and is embedded into the Inter-Planetary File System (IPFS). The Akasha decentralized social media platform is built to ensure the platform is resistant against censorship and be unable to be taken offline because it does not have any one central point of failure or lack of bandwidth issues.
Founder & CEO
AKASHA : Ethereum's Decentralized Social Media Platform - Dapp.tech - DApps, Bitcoin, Crypto & Web3 News
Akasha Wants to Put Social Media on the Ethereum Blockchain
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
AKASHA: From Collected Intelligence to Collective Intelligence
May 23, 2018
Ethereum EDCON Paris 2017: What is AKASHA?
May 5, 2017
- Cluster: Blockchain & cryptocurrencyA cluster of topics related to blockchain and cryptocurrency.
- CompanyA company, abbreviated 'co.', is a legal entity made up of an association of people, be they natural, legal, or a mixture of both, for carrying on a commercial or industrial enterprise.
- Social media
- BlockchainA blockchain is an append-only digital ledger storing a set of time-ordered transactions grouped in blocks that are linked together using cryptographic hashes.
- CryptocurrencyA cryptocurrency (or crypto currency) is a digital asset designed to work as a medium of exchange using cryptography to secure the transactions and to control the creation of additional units of the currency. Cryptocurrencies are a subset of alternative currencies, or specifically of digital currencies.
- EthereumEthereum is an open-source, public, distributed blockchain computing platform featuring smart contract (scripting) functionality, which facilitates online contractual agreements.
- IPFS (InterPlanetary File System)IPFS is a distributed P2P alternative to HTTP.